Press and news information
RE Today Services, a part of Christian Education, is an ecumenical educational charity which works throughout the United Kingdom, Europe and across the world.
Its aims are:
- To support religious education in schools
- To increase awareness of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural dimensions of the curriculum
- To articulate Christian perspectives on education.
RE Today Services is committed to the teaching of the major world faiths and non-religious worldviews in religious education, and to an accurate and fair representation of their beliefs, values and practices in all its teaching materials.
RE today Services fulfils these aims;
- By publishing teaching materials like this ‘Understanding Christianity’ resource and background papers, together with a termly magazine, REtoday and distributing the British Journal of Religious Education
- By offering professional development and consultancy service through its professional staff
- By arranging national and regional courses for teachers, pupils and others interested in education
- By research and curriculum development work
- By sponsoring and administration the work of the National Association of Teacher of RE (NATRE)