Secondary training courses
Are you a community school? If so we have good news, thanks to grant funding we are offering you £150 subsidy on the price which means you pay just £60!*
Support your Agreed Syllabus: One excellent resource to support teaching about Christianity: Text Impact Connections.
Many locally agreed syllabuses include requirements for teaching Christianity that are directly supported by this resource.This resource supports good quality teaching about Christianity and can be used within the requirements of your syllabus guidelines.
What resources do you get with the training?
- teacher’s Handbook
- 22 detailed units of work
- Over 100 pages of photocopiable resources
- Wall frieze showing the ‘big story’ of the Bible, to back up the units
- Online access to the resource – available to use within your school.
The Training Package
- To receive this extensive resource pack, you need to attend training.
- Following recommendations from the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring
Monitoring and the Teacher Development Trust that effective training should be intense and sustained, the expectation is that teachers in primary schools will have at least 10 hours of CPD on Understanding Christianity. There will be gaps between encounters when schools will try out the approach, returning to explore further.
Online training events
- Schools will need to attend all modules modules.
- Each session will include setting teachers a ‘ gap task task’, trialling an aspect of the resource in school.
- Feedback and discussion on these ‘gap tasks’ will be included in each session, so that teachers can share ideas and learn from each others’ experiences experiences.
Booking: Please complete the booking form below. Once you have registered a confirmation email will be sent to you. You will receive joining instructions within 7 days of the date of the training. We hope you are able to join in!
You will receive an overview of the Understanding Christianity approach, units of work strategies and activities, as well as specific classroom resources to support learning. Book today!
Community School offer
*For the purposes of this subsidy, we define a community school as a school or academy that does not receive influence (financial or operational) from any religious organisation such as the Church of England. A good indicator is, if your school has Church/CofE (or equivalent) in the name, you will not be eligible for this subsidy.
Understanding Christianity – 29 September 2023
Date: Friday 29 September 2023
Trainer: Stephen Pett
Cost: £210 (£60 for community schools)
Discounts available for NATRE members (community school offer does not also apply).